Specially People Use Manuka honey to treat Cold because that contains antibacterial, antiviral properties. Cold is a viral infection and Not that Harmful with symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat, cough etc. Health Benefits of Honey are various with a Great source with properties of antioxidant, antibacterial, and antimicrobial and can fight the virus, bacteria, and fungus in the body. Drinking Hot liquids with mixing honey relieve nasal congestion and Also help prevent dehydration in cold. Spoon of Honey soothe a sore or scratchy throat after cold. Honey boosts the immune system thus prevents future colds with making shieldguard around the body.
How to Take Honey as Natural Remedy for cold
1. Mix Honey and Cinnamon and Take a Spoon before bed as this mix has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties and this Mix will prevent you from cold.
2. Add honey + lemon juice to Your green tea or warm water to get relief from Cough.
3. You can do Honey gargles If you are suffering from sore throat.
4. Cut red onion into slices the mix them with honey and a little sugar ( Leave Mix overnight ) Consume a teaspoon in the morning to get better result.
5. Honey, Lemon, and Ginger is the best mix to treat Signs of Cold.
6. Brandy has antimicrobial properties and You can mix some honey in that to thin the mucus built up by the cold.